Viral Video Techniques
Video marketing via websites such as YouTube is all the rage. A viral video can be cheap to produce and yet have the potential to catapult your brand, product or service into the stratosphere. The art of producing and marketing viral videos have taken off in a big way in the past few years, and a companys ability to conceive of, produce and market their own viral videos is fast becoming one of the must-have skills of the 21st Century. This unique course dispels the aura of mystique around how to produce and market viral videos, showing you the path forward and ensuring you are well on the way to succeeding in this area.
Uploaded to video sharing sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion and others, the popularity of a viral video spreads like wildfire based on the videos content. In essence, this means that your viewers do all the work for you. They view the video, think its awesome and share it with their friends, who in turn share it with their friends and so on. In the end, the video may rack up millions of views. Like a viral infection, the viewing of the video spreads from person to person until either everyone is ‘immune’ (i.e. is no longer interested in the video) or has been ‘infected’ (i.e. they have video and shared the video usually more than once). This ‘infection’ is generally achieved through share buttons, social networks, email or instant messages. Viral video is therefore best defined as video that is spread organically from person to person, through social media, email, word of mouth, or any other means, which subsequently grows in popularity and ultimately garners a high viewing total. But how does one actually produce and market a viral video, and what are the popular forms of viral video most likely to guarantee success? Our unique viral video training course covers all of this ground and more.
From analysing a wide range of current styles, trends and genres of popular viral videos, to how they were planned, filmed and marketed, our viral video course has been designed to teach you the essential methodology and technical knowledge required to quickly master this rapidly growing marketing medium. Currently an art form known to very few, our one day viral video course shows you how to properly harness the power of viral video marketing to launch your companys products and services to a rapidly growing and currently hungry worldwide audience. There has never been a better time to get into video marketing.
Duration: 1 day.
Location: 21st Century Studios, St Albans, Hertfordshire. For security reasons, further details are only provided upon booking.
Times: 10.00am to 4.30pm.
Equipment: Our fully featured training room includes six top-of-the-range iMac computers configured to work in both Macintosh (OSX) and PC (Windows) modes, ensuring you the maximum familiarity with your chosen operating system.
Further assistance: Our FAQ page contains the answers to many common questions. Alternatively please call 07543 403616 to arrange to speak to our training manager.
Was a very good course. There was alot of information to take in, but the course was so well paced and everything was explained in detail.
Introduction to Video Marketing
- Types of video marketing
- Video-sharing websites and viral video
- Corporate, training and promotional video marketing
- Video on DVD and video download sales
- What is a Viral Video?
- Viral strategies – know your videos purpose
- How to identify your viewers
- Targeting your peer group
- The one-off viral
- Episodic content
- Piggybacks and references
- Getting celebrities involved
- Types of viral triggers e.g. funny, sexy, random, surprising, illuminating, shocking, spectacular and hyper-relevant
- Topics most likely to go viral
- Tracking and predicting viral trends
- Top YouTube videos and how they were done
Viral Video Techniques
- How to plan and launch a successful viral video marketing campaign
- Hoax viral videos / staged viral videos / hoax video campaigns
- Authentic camera work and feel
- Shot by an eyewitness / hand held camerawork
- Staged confrontations with extras and actors
- Believe it’s real / authentic
- Engage viewers and get audiences talking / word of mouth marketing / creating a buzz
- Connecting the brand with people / creating brand awareness
- Exclusives – revealing the hoax – extended endings
- Crazy stunts
- Wow moments
- The Fun Theory
Viral Video topics
- Children, Animals and Babies
- Proposal videos
- Flash Mobs
- Spoofs, parodies and outtakes
- Pranks and pratfalls
- Music videos & parodies
- Sports videos
- Short film
- Stop motion animation
Producing a Viral Video
- Planning a concept / brainstorming
- Storyboarding / storyboard software options
- Cheap vs expensive viral videos
- Cast / crew requirements
- Planning out a budget
- How to avoid copyright infringement
Viral Video Production Techniques
- DV Cameras & HD Filming
- The Principles of Lighting
- Green Screen Filming
- Autotune & Songwriting
Getting ready to promote your videos
- The principles of video sharing
- Adding annotations and other calls to action
- Liking, favoriting, subscribing and commenting
- The spotlight tool
- The notes tool
- The speech bubble tool
- Allowing embedding on your videos – enable or disable?
Video marketing and available services
- Understanding YouTube algorithms
- Review of the top 10 video marketing websites
- The do’s and don’ts of video marketing
- Video Sharing & YouTube Optimization Tips
Determining your viral video campaigns success
- Defining viral success based on your market
- View counts
- Publicity value
- Media impressions
- Measuring conversation and buzz
- Comments, sharing, debating
- False video views with autobots
- Brand recall
- Digg and Stumble Upon
- Determining ROI
- Do you need comments turned on?
- Do you need to spend time and money on social bookmarking or link-building?
Enjoyed every minute. Has given me the basics needed to get started.
Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
Schedule your own training course
Please tell us where and when YOU would like to attend this course. If we are able to schedule the course, we will contact you.